Newegg earns the MMNTech excessive packaging crown

By Mike on 9:53 pm

Filed Under:

There's packaging, then there's too much packaging. Some companies are trying to reduce their containers to cut on shipping cost and environmental impact. Others, not so much. Take my recent order from Newegg.

I picked up a single SD card from them. They shipped it in a colossal 8''x8''x6'' cardboard box filled with packing peanuts. Like the other items I covered on this subject, a padded envelope would have been more than enough. I thought their $10 shipping rate seemed awfully high for such a small object.

A mammoth box to ship an itty bitty SD card. Blu-ray case for scale.

I have contacted Newegg's feedback about this. It will be interesting to see if they reply.

Image courtesy of the Muppet Wiki.

0 comments for this post