The Great Snow Leopard Unboxing

By Mike on 4:36 pm

Filed Under:

I would have done this yesterday but unfortunately I missed the Purolator guy given that I'm out of the house from 7am to 6:30pm usually. I've been living at home while attending school given how expensive housing is. You'd think one of my retired parents would have heard the doorbell but apparently they're both completely deaf. Anyways, enough about that rant. In my hands right now is Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard. I asked someone pick it up from the courier office for me (at a stationary store that's thankfully open Saturdays) while I was at work today. So let's get ahead with the pictorial unboxing.

When I got home from work today, I was greeted by this box.



Did Apple make a mistake and ship my a Mighty Mouse or maybe a USB super drive by accident? Look at the size of this beast!



This standard sized Blu-ray case compared to the box speaks (excessive) volumes.

So I cut open the box and I was unfortunately not greeted with some expensive swag but rather the Snow Leopard DVD in a typical paper sleeve and packing slip.



Not even any peanuts or bubble wrap? Darn. Those are fun to play with. The disc and packing slip were shrink wrapped to a piece of cardboard.



Snow Leopard in all it's glory complete with all the other junk that came with it. For a company that markets itself as being "green", Apple sure went to excess sending me this when a simple padded envelope would have sufficed. It would have cost them less to ship to boot. I don't even think Leopard came with this much packaging, or even my Macbook for that matter. This isn't as bad as shipping a single mouse on a pallet but it's still pretty bad. I'd say this is why Apple products are so expensive but then again HP is even more guilty of the crime of excess packing.

I'm backing up my Macbook right now but I'll have a full review of Snow Leopard down the road once I get it installed.

2 comments for this post

Here in the UK my SL arrived in a padded envelope. Almost no packaging at all.

Posted on 30 August 2009 at 20:03  

I guess it depends on what warehouse it came from.

Posted on 30 August 2009 at 20:55